[oniro-dev] PMC meeting 2022wk16

## Oniro PMC meeting 2022wk16

* Date: 2022-04-21

* Time: 13:00 to 14:00 UTC

* Channel: zoom

* Chair: Amit Kucheria

* Minutes taker: Andrei Gherzan

### Agenda

* How to introduce the REQ process?

* Review of Oniro core project migration and any high priority pending issues

* Discussion of nesting groups for projects and adding any additional requirements to the issue

* Kickoff the release process for Alpha

### Participants

PMC Members:

* Amit Kucheria

* Andrei Gherzan

* Ettore Chimenti

Eclipse Foundation:

* Agustin Benito Bethencourt

### Minutes

#### How to introduce the REQ process?

* We are going to start small.

* There will also be an overview presentation of the process with the changes that happened in the meanwhile by Agustin during one of the next PMC meetings.

* Agustin explained the current plan.

* The third draft will be provided as soon as it is finished, hopefully before the next Oniro WG SC.

* The road mapping process will be approved tentatively on May 12th.

* Then both, the Oniro WG SC and PMC appoint the people of the Roadmap team.

* The roadmap team meets and starts implementing/executing the process.

#### Review of Oniro core project migration and any high priority pending issues

* Oniro core migration was done (both code repositories and CI pipelines).

* There are some workarounds in place. For example, the container registry is still under OSTC infrastructure as GitLab doesn't have the needed support.

* There are plans to have more availability of CI workers/load directly in Eclipse infrastructure.

* The remaining infrastructure action items (e.g. chat migration) will happen when the relevant new person comes on board.

* Agustin explains the IT migration plan and how we will manage internally the availability of this person.

#### Discussion of nesting groups for projects and adding any additional requirements to the issue

* There is a solution proposal now in the relevant git issue https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/42.

* Please provide your feedback.

* We want to have per subgroup permissions granularity.

* Amit will add more comments to the ticket.

#### Kickoff the release process for Alpha

* Since the migration is now done, we can kick off the first Goofy release as soon as possible. No objections.

* We want to do that now as a trial run of the release process.

* What are the artefacts we will provide on alpha?

* No binaries.

* Agustin explains the plan for having a discussion.

Andrei Gherzan

Back to the top