Re: [nosql-dev] are jakarta.nosql.ValueReader & ValueWriter still relevant?

Hey Demistry, how are you?

Those are still valid on version b5.
The change happened on version B6:

https://github.com/jakartaee/nosql/blob/main/CHANGELOG.adoc#1-0-0-b6-2023-02-07

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 4:03 PM Dmitry Repchevsky via nosql-dev <nosql-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I got an error on my custom jakarta.nosql.ValueReader (aka
https://www.jnosql.org/spec/#_create_custom_writer_and_reader).

> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The type class
> es.bsc.inb.ga4gh.beacon.nosql.MeasurementValueEntity is not supported yet
> at
> org.eclipse.jnosql.communication.ValueReaderDecorator.lambda$read$2(ValueReaderDecorator.java:56)
> at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Optional.java:408)
> at
> org.eclipse.jnosql.communication.ValueReaderDecorator.read(ValueReaderDecorator.java:55)
> org.eclipse.jnosql.communication.DefaultValue.get(DefaultValue.java:46)
> org.eclipse.jnosql.mapping.reflection.AbstractFieldMapping.value(AbstractFieldMapping.java:107)
> org.eclipse.jnosql.mapping.reflection.DefaultFieldMapping.value(DefaultFieldMapping.java:26)
> org.eclipse.jnosql.mapping.document.FieldConverter$4.convert(FieldConverter.java:114)
> org.eclipse.jnosql.mapping.document.DocumentEntityConverter.lambda$feedObject$5(DocumentEntityConverter.java:160)
I noticed that the META-INF/services has changed in the
"jnosql-communication-core":

https://github.com/eclipse/jnosql/tree/main/jnosql-communication/jnosql-communication-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/services
https://github.com/eclipse/jnosql/tree/1.0.0-b4/communication/communication-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/services

from "jakarta.nosql.ValueReader" to
"org.eclipse.jnosql.communication.ValueReader".

Does this mean that I cannot use "jakarta.nosql.ValueReader" anymore?

Is there any other way to provide a "standard" (without using
"org.eclipse.*") custom serializer/deserializer?

Kind regards,

Dmitry

P.S. I confess that with so many changes between b4 & b5 I am a bit lost :-)