Re: [mylyn-versions-dev] wikitext markup

Among the supported markup languages by wikitest e.g. Textile, MediaWiki, TracWiki, TWiki, etc...

is it right to assume that Eclipse wiki's are based on MediaWiki ?

Thanks a lot for the quick answer and the good references,
/Alvaro

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2010/12/17 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:45 AM, alvaro sanchez <alvsan09@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The R4E team will soon start writing documentation for the R4E,
> We will use the Mylyn wikitext plug-in for it,
>
> We see that some Eclipse wiki's are using the Mediawiki markup, would
> anybody know if this is a standard across Eclipse.

Some projects use this way... like Mylyn and EGit
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide)

http://wiki.eclipse.org/DocumentationGuidelines/CrowdSourcingExample

I personally like this way...

yup, this works great.

You may have a look at how egit does integrate that into its maven build:
- the actual work is configured by the ant script "build-helper.xml" [1]
- the ant script is embedded into the maven build [2]
- a maven property controls if the documentation should be updated from the wiki ,
  we do that locally since we found it's a good idea to manually check the
  resulting documentation. We then checkin the resulting HTML pages and images
  into the source code repository.
- all other builds just package the egit.doc plugin using the checked in documentation
- I would recommend to use some image optimizer [3] to reduce download size for
  images used in the help I just did that for egit 0.10 and this reduced the overall
  size of the egit.doc plugin from 6 to 4 MBytes.

[2] http://egit.eclipse.org/w/?p=egit.git;a=blob;f=org.eclipse.egit.doc/pom.xml;h=5628d301484b7346375f3c7b1a0bf51da95c9ae0;hb=HEAD
[3] I used ImageOptim on Mac : http://imageoptim.pornel.net/

--
Matthias