[mylyn-docs-dev] exploring changes to Mylyn Docs build

Devs,

I've been experimenting with restructuring the Mylyn Docs build to achieve a few things:

* easier to build/release Mylyn Docs (or at least Mylyn WikiText) separately from Mylyn
* easier to consume Mylyn WikiText core bundles (e.g. as plain jars, with normal poms)
* easier to contribute (e.g. without knowledge of OSGi or PDE)
* better structured code/tests (e.g. using normal Maven project layout)
* faster cycle time (e.g. easier to verify code changes, faster builds)

To achieve these things I've been looking at building the "core" wikitext bundles as normal Maven artifacts, using a Maven plug-in to generate OSGi manifests.

You can see the results of my experiment here: https://github.com/greensopinion/mylyn.docs

The build is split into two parts: a "core" part which is Tycho-less, and a UI/OSGi part which uses Tycho.

I'd love to get your thoughts and feedback on the goals and the approach.

David

--

David Green | VP of Architecture Tasktop

email: david.green@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top