Re: [mylyn-dev] Are we changing the basic requirements for the "new" mylyn

There is a fundamental licensing difference between Java 11 and Java 17. Java 11 is more restrictive. Java 8 and Java 17 are closer in their intent. There are limitations on Java 11 that may not allow mylyn to be used broadly. Please consult the Oracle Java licensing statements prior to making a final decision on this.

--Randall

Sent: January 5, 2023 2:16 PM
On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 8:40 PM George Lindholm <javadev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
    just wondering how backwards compatible we want to keep mylyn.

Even with the target set to 4.26, are we keeping the older targets?

Please, no. Old Platform version are getting no support anymore.

Can we change the Java lavel to at least 11? Maybe 17?

Java 11 is a must nowadays and Java 17 is desired IMHO.

--

Aleksandar Kurtakov

Red Hat Eclipse Team

Back to the top