Re: [mylyn-dev] Fishtail - Using task context to automate web searches

Mik Kersten wrote:
...Here are some tips that have worked for me (note that you're following some of these already, and that some of them are an ongoing effort in Mylyn as well):

* Provide a short page describing how to use your plug-in (e.g.
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/labs/spl/projects/fishtail/

If anyone has feedback or additions please comment there or reply to
mylyn-dev.
I think it will also help adoption, if there would be some kind of explanation how it works. The Fishtail web page has very generic description like "Fishtail uses the context of a currently active Mylyn task to formulate web searches", but it is unclear how it can be better then manually entered search queries, so it look a bit like "black magic"?

Personally, I think I have a general idea how it could be done, but Nathan's last comment that he is tweaking search algorithm, made me bit more skeptical from the practical point of view. So, I am now curious see more details on how web searches are being formulated...

 regards,
 Eugene

Back to the top