Re: [mvc-dev] mvc interaction with SecurityContext

Hi Steaven,

The implementation of Jakarta Security does not support @RolesAllowed for non-servlet environments.
So, until this is fixed (most likely in Jakarta Security 2.x or 3) in Jakarta EE 10) you will have to use web.xml to configure these constrants. Here is an example:

<security-constraint>
<display-name>A Foo</display-name>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>Demo</web-resource-name>
<description/>
<url-pattern>/ui/hello</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<description>Constraints for a FOO</description>
<role-name>foo</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
Ivar