[mpwg] Fwd: Re: Gap Analysis Prioritization

Here is the prioritization from Alcatel-Lucent.

On 10/11/2010 1:15 PM, Gregoire, Christophe (Christophe) wrote:

Ian,

Our prioritization focuses on the Model Version Management.

If I understood properly your request, here is our top 5:

1: A.1. Managing versions on various model granularity, meta-model and instances

2: A.6. Support for meta-model change and update to appropriate instances

3: A.3. Merging of different models and versions of models

4: A.2. Analysis of model changes

5: A.5. Traceability to identify connections between model elements

Did you expect something lower level?

If we do our top five in 2011, it would cost 10PY… probably again too high.

Doing a lower level selection is much more difficult (a bit too restrictive). This is limited to 5 MY.

A.1

1.1 a)+E-Config-1

Versioning of metamodels and instances

A.1

1.2 a)

Support of muli-user and distributed development teams

A.3

3.1 a) + E-Comp-1

Parallel work on different parts of a model and merge of resulting changes into a common model

A.6

6 a)

Support for automatic application of metamodel changes to model instances

A.3

3.1 b) + E-Comp-1+E-Comp-2

Automatic detection of inconsistencies in merged model and decorations identifying those

If we have to decrease the effort below 10PY, we could probably select some subtopics from our first list which are not really P0 for us.

Please do not hesitate to comment and ask clarifications.

Best regards,

Christophe