Re: [mpc-dev] New use of MPC

This sounds like a great improvement. Thank you for taking the time to do it.

On 4/12/2016 11:38 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:
Ian, all,

I'm working on improving this workflow, so that the default editor (often the System editor chosen by OS) is shown whenever opening an unassociated file, just like it's happening right now.
Then in the background, the IDE starts polling marketplace for a better support, and if it finds something, there will be a popup such as

"""
Some editor supporting "py" files can be installed from Marketplace.
(x) Open Marketplace Client and show me the proposal
( ) Ignore Marketplace proposal
   ( ) and remember association of current editor (gedit) with "py" files.

In case you change your mind later, you can always change this via the <a>Preferences</a>.
"""

What do you think about it? It's pretty close of the proposal on the bug, except is uses a popup instead of a notification panel (that can too easily be missed by users, as stated on comment #36).

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat