Re: [mpc-dev] remediation testing in mpc

I’m surprised that so many solutions fail without remediation - especially when you install on top of the Standard package.

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the purpose of remediation, but I thought that it was good for resolving conflicting dependencies by allowing to upgrade what I have installed. So when you install Maven for WTP on Kepler Standard, I cannot quite see what conflicts would be resolved ?

Similar for Github for Mylyn, or especially P4Eclipse ? These should be “plain add-ons” so I can’t quite see why they would have to upgrade my base ?

Does anybody have an explanation for this ?

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6