[mpc-dev] Re: Browser integration proposal

That's right.

David

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Nathan Gervais <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To be clear, I just need to provide the form so that the Java API can intercept it and not actually process it?

Nathan Gervais

Web Developer - Eclipse Foundation

www.eclipse.org

From: Content-filter at foundation.eclipse.org [mailto:postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Green
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:06 PM
To: Nathan Gervais
Cc: Marketplace Dev Discussions

Subject: Re: Browser integration proposal

Nathan,

See my comments below:

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Nathan Gervais <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David,

>    The URL passed to the embedded browser will include two parameters:

    1. a parameter indicating that the website should provide 'Install' buttons wherever possible
    2. a parameter containing the MPC wizard state, an opaque value to be passed back to the MPC wizard via the 'Install' button

Everything looks good, when you have declared these variable names can you let me know what I should be looking for.

Ø       Pressing the 'Install' button will cause a form submission that includes the selected solution's node id in a parameter and the original MPC wizard state in a second parameter.

Is there a particular reason your doing a form submission here?  Would a _javascript_ call be just as good?

The MPC is going to intercept calls using Java APIs, so a form submission is needed.  I'm not sure if it requires GET or POST, I'll let you know.

David

I can send JSON or XML in an ajax response if you want as well.

Nathan Gervais

Web Developer - Eclipse Foundation

www.eclipse.org

Back to the top