Re: [mosquitto-dev] How to enable auto restart in config

if you are using docker add a restart policy set to always. This will let docker know that upon your host restart the mosquitto container should be up and running on reboot.

There is a way to also send a SIGHUP signal to docker that will flush out things in mosquitto and will be able to restart mosquitto for you.
See my blog post on using SIGHUP https://shantanoo-desai.github.io/posts/technology/nugget_mqtt_iot/

Some information https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41555884/docker-what-does-docker-run-restart-always-actually-do