Re: [mojarra-dev] [jakartaee-platform-dev] Removing JSP support from Faces on Jakarta EE 9?

Hi,

There are indeed several cases. Removing (sub) APIs fully, or modifying APIs that will be kept and remove and/or change within those APIs deprecated methods.

I know what Rudy means with "arbitrary methods", but just to clarify for everyone to be sure: these methods are not arbitrary in the true sense of the word as they are all marked as deprecated, many for well over a decade.

What this looks like can be seen in the master branch of Mojarra, where we did exactly this some time ago.

Kind regards,
Arjan