Re: [milo-dev] Structured Data

Hi,

Do not confuse the DataType id (ns=4;i=337), with its encoding ID, which is different. This is likely the server indicating its encoded in the OPC UA binary encoding.

Unfortunately the root of your problem is that the S7-1200, when using the "Service Interface" to define an address space and types, does not support the "legacy" DataType Dictionary mechanism. Only the DataTypeDefinition attribute introduced in OPC UA 1.04. So unfortunately with the Milo 0.6.x release series there is no way to decode these custom types.

Support for this new attribute and decoding custom types has already been implemented in the `dev/1.0` branch but unfortunately I can't say the API in the 1.0 branch is stable enough to use yet.

https://github.com/eclipse/milo/blob/071e4b5a91b17c0c41d600c7ddf3b084f4ee932e/milo-examples/client-examples/src/main/java/org/eclipse/milo/examples/client/UnifiedAutomationReadCustomDataTypeExample2.java#L58