Re: [microprofile-wg] [microprofile] AI discussion

Further to last week's technical hangout, I have created this doodle poll for you to add your name and availability if you are interested in further collaboration. We will then set up a few calls to brainstorm AI support.

Thanks,
Emily

On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 1:46 PM Reza Rahman <m.reza.rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No specific reason. OpenAI is the one we are obviously most familiar with and what would be easiest to find resources for. Other approaches are of course also fine but we may not be able to assist directly.

From: 'Emily Jiang' via MicroProfile <microprofile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2024 5:45 AM
To: MicroProfile <microprofile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [microprofile] AI discussion

Hi Emmanuel,

On Thursday, January 25, 2024 at 9:02:15 AM UTC Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
During your conversations did you touch on why openAI specifically? Why choose a specific vendor as target?

Nope. Reza and co. might be able to elaborate a bit more here. I just listed the discussion topics for further offline discussion. You were quite right to point it out the vendor choices. Personally, we should define a programming model in a vendor neutral way so that the impl can pull in any AI vendors they want. I think investigating on Langchain4j,  Hugging Face, etc is a worthwhile exercise. We will spend a bit more time to brainstorm in the next Tuesday's MP technical call. Please join if you can.

Thanks
Emily