Re: [microprofile-wg] [microprofile-steering] VOTE: Funding MicroProfile Tutorial with 2023 Budget

+1 (Microsoft)

On 10/9/2023 2:30 PM, Reza Rahman via microprofile-steering wrote:
Folks,

Please vote on a proposal to spend the remaining $10-11K 2023 budget on funding an official MicroProfile tutorial similar to what comparable technologies like Jakarta EE have.

We have discussed this matter in depth in the past. While there are many ideas on what to spend money on and how to spend it, the time to make a judicious decision is quickly running out. The highest priority item we have been able to identify is funding the tutorial. This has been a long standing gap that probably hurts adoption. It could start with a pretty modest 15-25 page tutorial. The best way we have been able to identify is an open bidding process run by the Eclipse Foundation. Any legal entity would be eligible to bid, but not purely individuals.

A Steering Committee Representatives vote is requested. Please respond with +1 (positive), 0 (abstain), or -1 (reject). Additional feedback on your vote is always appreciated, but not really required.

We will close the vote this Friday. We require a simple majority positive vote of the Steering Committee members. There is no veto. Community input and votes are welcome. However, only the votes delivered by Steering Committee Representatives will actually count.

Thanks,
Reza