Re: [microprofile-wg] [BALLOT] September 19th, 2023 Steering Committee Minutes Approval. Request vote by September 29th

+1 Primeton
mingyuehuang

Date:  Sat, Sep 23, 2023 00:31 AM
To:  "microprofile-wg"<microprofile-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
Cc:  "John Clingan"<jclingan@xxxxxxxxxx>;
Subject:  [microprofile-wg] [BALLOT] September 19th, 2023 Steering Committee Minutes Approval. Request vote by September 29th

Meeting minutes pasted below. Meeting minutes PDF attached. Source minutes available here. Please vote by September 29th.

MicroProfile Steering Committee Meeting - September 19th, 2023

Rules

  1. DO NOT EDIT AGENDA. This is the responsibility of the meeting moderator with input from the steering committee and community. Agenda items should be discussed in the mailing list/forum or in prior Steering Committee meetings first.

  2. Prefer comments occur in mailing lists/forums.

  3. Document editing is enabled for community to add themselves to list of community contributors during call

Tweeted pic here, recording here, meeting minutes folder here

Meeting Attendees

Steering Committee

(Quorum = 6)

Community

(Name, organization)

Atlanta JUG -

Fujitsu - Kenji

IBM - Emily, Nathan Rauh

iJUG - Jan Westerkamp

Garden State JUG - Michael Redlich

Microsoft -

Oracle - Ed Bratt

Payara - Alfonso

Primeton -

Red Hat - John Clingan, Roberto

Tomitribe - Amelia, David

Committer Member - N/A

Eclipse Foundation

Sharon Corbett

Paul Buck

Clark Roundy

Present

  • Martin Stefanko (Red Hat)

  • Emerson Castaneda (Community)

Agenda Item

Minutes

Past meeting minutes approval

Approved via microprofile-wg email thread.

Business since last Steering Committee Meeting

Current Items

Eclipse Foundation (Sharon/Paul)

  • 2023 Budget status

    • Sharon presented 2023 budget status and timeline to deliver 2024 program plan and budget. She will send the presentation to the microprofile-steering email alias

    • Budget presentation, including remaining spend

    • John recommended we consider reducing 2024 membership fees due to increased revenue provided by new membership.

  • 2024 Program Plan timeline

    • See above.

MicroProfile 6.1 Plan Status

  • MP 6.1 release is in progress.

  • Config 3.1-RC2

  • Metrics 5.1-RC1

  • Telemetry 1.1-RC3

  • Tracking sheet

  • 6.1-RC1 released

  • Emily updated steering committee on 6.1 status. She is staging component specs for ballot and John/Emily will work on 6.1 umbrella spec. Oct 6th timeline may be tight, but the "critical path" date is for EclipseCon Oct 16-19

2023 Program Plan Status-to-date

  • Went through all slides except technical goals slide and updated the status (red/green/yellow).

  • We decided to use 30 minutes of next week's technical call to review the technical goals slide and document each goals slide to individual volunteers. John to send out email on technical call

2024 Program Plan Strategic Goals

  • Section leads volunteers

    • See bullet in 2023 program plan slide on carving out 30 minutes of technical call

  • Discuss 2024 strategic goals

    • We did not cover this. Can hopefully get to it during the next technical call.

Next Steering Committee call

See MicroProfile Calendar

Parking Lot

Back to the top