Re: [microprofile-wg] [BALLOT][Creation Review] MicroProfile JWT Bridge Specification - Voting ends on August 8th

+1 (iJUG)

Comments:

Before the creation review, we discussed the right name this spec and agreed to define the scope of it, before we rediscuss the proper naming. With the defined scope here, we do integration testing (it's not called "bridge testing") and I think we might need a follow up on the naming to make it intuitive to people, that have not being part of the last meetings.
Historical reasons where put into to the ring, but the future "CDI Integration spec" is pointing to another direction. Unfortunately there was no time to finish this discussion and of course nobody would liked to block MP JWTs progress (dropping dependencies and tests).

Another point is misleading for me too: Jakarta Web Profile is a superset of Jakarta Core Profile, as Jakarta Platform is it of Jakarta Web Profile (with the next release at true one).
Why should a Jakarta Web Profile implementation should not have to pass as Jakarta Core Profile (and Jakarta Platform implementation Web and Core Profile)? This makes no sense to me, especially when the Platform TCK is separated out to the component specs completely (as planed for Jakarta EE 11).
And did we discussed recently not depend component specs on umbrella specs at all and let them depend on component specs only? So this would mean to scope the sets of integration tests on security related component specs of these profiles or the complete Platform.

But all this might be further discussed when the spec is created - the naming could be changed, as there is no separate EF Project for it and trademarking (if any) could be done later if this comment is added. BTW; my preferred name for this would be "MicroProfile JWT Integration" with this scope now.

Best,
Jan