Re: [microprofile-wg] JavaLand?

I believe we can and should easily accommodate this. Can I ask a favor to help determine the overall IBM position on the 2022 swag? To make it easy, do you prefer we focus on events (mostly DevNexus) or just send it to members at least for this time?

One factor to keep in mind is that these are hoodies, so slightly pricier. In the future we may opt to have t-shirts, which are more volume friendly (or some combination thereof). Perhaps members want some of these for their own committers/community this time rather than general distribution (this won’t be what Microsoft will do).

From: 'Emijiang6' via MicroProfile Marketing <microprofile-marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 1:48:05 AM
To: Microprofile-Marketing <microprofile-marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: JavaLand?

Hi Reza,
I would love to have 20 T-shirts and 100 stickers at JavaLand if possible?
Thanks for organising this!
Emily

On Feb 21, 2023 at 3:13 AM, <Reza Rahman> wrote:

Folks,

While we have discussed DevNexus at some length, another significant
enough conference that actually occurs before DevNexus is JavaLand. I
have the following questions I would like to discuss with regards to
JavaLand.

* Three speakers have MicroProfile related talks - Emily, Rustam and
Mads. Should we look to send them some swag? If so, how much? How many
attendees on average show up to JavaLand talks? Is 10 shirts and 100
stickers per speaker an adequate amount?

* Who actually has a booth? Looking at the sponsors list it looks
surprisingly thin. It is really just Microsoft and Payara? Should we
look to distribute swag via booths if vendors are open to that (I know
Payara is)? If so, how much? Anyone know what the attendance numbers for
JavaLand look like?

Cheers,

Reza

P.S.: One important consideration is spending swag with the 2022 budget
very soon, especially for working group members. I am not an accountant,
but utilizing OpEx money too late after the budget period is over can be
a very dicey matter in terms of tax audits (and non-profits like the
Eclipse Foundation are audited surprisingly often). I believe we should
play it safe and try to spend the 2022 money promptly and move on in a
timely fashion to the 2023 budget money. March/April may already be
getting into dicey territory.