Re: [microprofile-wg] [BALLOT][MicroProfile 6.0] Specification - Release Review - VOTE by Dec 6th (2 weeks)

-1 (Garden State JUG)

After careful consideration, having read both sides of this debate as outlined in PR 292 and PR 293, we have chosen -1 because we feel that merging these PRs is best for the future of MicroProfile and implementers of the specifications. We also didn’t understand why there was push back on the proposals to: [a] mark Metrics 5.0 as optional when there are a number of features marked as optional in the Jakarta EE specifications; and [b] ensure clarity on passing all the TCKs of both versions despite a baseline Jakarta EE 9.1 TCK.