Re: [microprofile-wg] [External] : Eclipse MicroProfile Working Group Membership of iJUG

Jan and iJUG Group,

I am so excited to welcomed you today to MP!
On the MicroProfile Community call this Tuesday (1st day of JavaLand), the EMO informed us that iJUG had formally signed the MPWG aggrements, yeayy!
My message to you in the JakartaWG applies here with small modifications.  For those of you not subscribed to the JktaWG forum, the copy/paste is below 💛
iJUG, its 38 JUGs, has been uniting its local community. It has also been enabling it and many Global-us, from the Java Community, to come together to share, learn & have fun together🤗 I am so very excited for the official, We Are In!
Thank you for continuing to Walk The Talk. Every time a JUG group, like yours, joins MicroProfile, our entire ecosystem becomes more vibrant, more diverse, more open & more strong.  Community always comes first!

Three things iJUG:

First, it is the MicroProfile project, please drop the Eclipse from future write-ups.  MicroProfile is a project of the Eclipse Foundation, while working on becoming a working group project, we were very happy to revert to our preferred name, MicroProfile.

Second,  when/if you have the bandwidth to write an iJUG onboarding into MPWG blog, do so!   (later is OK, highly recommended, check out AJUG blog & the guidelines on how to contribute content to MP directly via the blog tab).

Third, you can start onboarding into the MPWG by using the not yet completed Members Onboarding Wiki . Work in progress, missing 2 documents that are in my lap.   If you want to, you are most welcomed to submit PRs against the current wiki to improve it while navigating your onboarding tasks. 💪

Abrazos,
---

PS: I got my first jetlag in 2021 while attending Javaland on Tuesday, that 4:30am PDT was much more fun after the announcement of iJUG formally joining MP. 💜