Re: [microprofile-wg] MPWG_SCR Approval of the Steering Minutes. Request Vote for January 12, 2021

+1 (Garden State Java User Group)

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 6:28 PM John Clingan <jclingan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
MicroProfile Steering Committee Representatives,

The voting members are requested to approve the January 12, 2021 meeting minutes, which has been pasted below and a PDF has been attached. Recording is here.

The MicroProfile Community input is welcomed. However, only the votes cast by the assigned representatives or their proxies [1 vote per member +1 (positive), 0 (abstain), or -1 (reject)] will be counted].

Votes must be finalized no later than January 26, 2021

Post-meeting minutes modification:
Items not covered have been moved to the “Parking Lot” section. A link to the meeting recording has been added. In future meetings I will try to update parking lot during the meeting.

———

MicroProfile Steering Committee Meeting - January 12th, 2021

Rules
  1. DO NOT EDIT AGENDA. This is the responsibility of the meeting moderator with input from the steering committee and community. Agenda items should be discussed in the mailing list/forum or in prior Steering Committee meetings first.
  2. Prefer comments occur in mailing lists/forums.
  3. Document editing is enabled for community to add themselves to list of community contributors during call

Tweeted pic here, recording here, meeting minutes folder here

Meeting Attendees
Steering Committee
(Quorum = 5, Supermajority = 6)
Community
(Name, organization)
Atlanta JUG - Summers Pittman, Vincent Mayers
IBM - Kevin Sutter, Emily Jiang
Jelastic - Ruslan Synytsky, Tetiana Fydorenchyk
Garden State JUG - Chandra Guntur, Michael Redlich
Oracle - Ed Bratt, Dmitry Kornilov
Payara - Rudy De Busscher
Red Hat - John Clingan, Roberto Cortez
Tomitribe - David Blevins, Amelia  Eiras
Committer Member: Edwin Derks

Eclipse Foundation
Paul Buck
Sharon Corbett
Ivar Grimstad
Tanja Obradovic

  • Martin Stefanko (Red Hat)
  • Cesar Hernandez (Tomitribe)
  • Scott Stark(Red Hat)
  • Emerson Castaneda (Consultant)

Agenda Item
Minutes
Past meeting minutes approval
- Ballot Initiation discussion - Committer Member
Question on number of committer members
  • Agreed on a single committer
  • Community holds committer accountable
  • Voting mechanism to provide guidance TBD
  • Edwin Derks is participating in the ballot

COMPLETED

- Ballot Initiation Preparation: MicroProfile 4.0

MicroProfile 4.0 Preparation, Dry Run

Vote (Passed)

Atlanta JUG
+1
IBM
+1
Jelastic

Red Hat
+1
Tomitribe
+1

COMPLETED
Completed parking lot items

MicroProfile 4.0 - Platform specification or marketing release?

Specification Checklist status (PR)

Format of compatibility certification request

  • MicroProfile 4.0 marketing or platform spec release?
    • No additional comments in the Forum thread
    • Marketing release is consensus.
    • Released as marketing release
    • Completed

Working Group Charter Revision
Sharon to give update

Deferred. Will be rescheduled for an upcoming Steering Committee meeting call.
Program Plan

Next Steering Committee call
TBD
Parking Lot

Format of compatibility certification request

Steering Committee calls

Program Plan

Currently we use Jakarta template. Should MicroProfile have its own certification request document in our WG repo

We agreed 2nd tuesday of each quarter
  • This  does not  always align with  Live Hangout calls
  • Do we maintain this off-week schedule or select a live hangout to replace?

MicroProfile Compatibility Logo and Branding

Budget

Release Plan
End Steering Committee meeting. Start community meeting (link).