De : mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Cedric Dumoulin
Envoyé : vendredi 25 septembre 2009 22:03
À : thibault.landre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Papyrus Project list
Objet : Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Diagram creation - a first specification (draft)

  Hi,

  Personally, I prefer to have a one click without any subsequent
wizard. But one click or complete wizard is a mater of user taste, so we
never found a solution that agree everyone.  It is why this should be
selectable in the preferences.
  I suppose that this kind of choice is similar to the "expert or
beginner mode" that we could find in some tools. A cool way should be to
be able to have some "profiles" associated to the preferences. So we
could provide some predefined modes "expert", "beginner", ... And a user
should be able to define its own profile.

Cedric

Thibault LANDRE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A "one click" creation action seems dangerous for me. Sometimes you
> click on a button that you didn't intend to click on. Here it creates
> a diagram, and you have to make an undo action or to delete the
> diagram by hand.
>
> Maybe we should open the same wizard but, depending on the context,
> mask some parts. Users can show again those parts in the wizard and
> modify them if needed.
>
> At the moment, creating a diagram through the toolbar requires two
> click (one to launch the action, another to set the name). I don't
> think it is excessive.
> Moreover, it is also a kind of security for the user.
>
> Regards,
>
> Thibault
>

> Cedric Dumoulin a écrit :
>>
>>   One other requirement:
>> We should have also a "one click" creation action.
>>   So, there should be a way to choose between the two ways of diagram
>> creation (one click and complete wizard).
>> Idea to provide a choice:
>>
>>     * The toolbar provides the one click, and menu entries provide the
>>       complete wizard,
>>     * or/and choice between one click and complete wizard can be done in
>>       the preferences,
>>     * or to choose the complete wizard, user should click on CTRL and on
>>       the action (button or menu entry)
>>     * or etc ...
>>
>>   Cedric
>>
>> Raphael FAUDOU wrote:
>>> Thanks a lot. I'm goint to update the document with your comments.
>>> concerning the example of information for the wizard, we think that
>>> there can be the name (initialized with the rules given in
>>> preferences), the container of the diagram, the specification of a
>>> context for contextual diagrams, the intialization option concerning
>>> models elements and perhaps other parameters that we did not
>>> identify today like the author, the date, a small description.. that
>>> could be plugged by extension to add pages.
>>> The idea of this wizard is to ensure consistency in the way diagrams
>>> are created. If it appears that some creation parameters become
>>> mandatory , the wizard provides centralization around diagram
>>> creation parameters and ensures this rule. The wizard shows all
>>> diagram parameters and their default values. Yes, it requires one
>>> more click to finish the wizard but it gives a better understanding
>>> for the end user rather than a silent creation with data filled in
>>> background (to my opinion).
>>> regards