[mail-dev] Is there an idiot's guide for OAUTH2 with gmail?

Hi,

Our server product can submit email notifications (server started, server stopping, etc) and I’m looking to add support for SASL XOAUTH2. An initial goal is to support submitting to gmail.

Code wise, adding support looks pretty easy. However, I’m completely stuck trying to test it.

The hints at https://javaee.github.io/javamail/OAuth2 are rather brief and sadly assume more knowledge about Google and Oauth2 than I have. Does anyone have any sort of dummy’s guide for setting this up? I’m not a web/oauth2 guy at all.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Chris

Back to the top