Re: [m2m-atl-dev] Problems with Ant tasks

Check, I've had long-standing problems with the Eclipse runtime workbench. I often use the main workbench instead.

For me, the problem is that any .ecore files are not copied from src/ to bin/ when you choose to launch a runtime workbench. The .ecore files *do* get copied when you export the final plugin, so when you install that plugin in your actual workbench. Manual copying solves this, but oh, the overhead... :-(

This problem is different, it seems. Probably, no jar files are generated before launching a runtime workbench. The runtime workbench typically uses the bin/ folders of the plugins. I suppose you can define a build.xml file in the lib/ folder that creates the jar file on demand. All you need to do is package the bin_ant/ folder. As cherry on the cake, you can then add that build.xml file to your project build chain, and it will be executed each time you change the source code ;-).

I committed this to CVS. I'll also look into the missing .ecore files for running a runtime workbench instance of the ATL engine plugin...

Cheers,
Dennis

Freddy Allilaire schreef:
Hi Dennis,

I have tested your update of Ant tasks.

When I try to use the AM3 ant tasks in a Runtime-Workbench :-( , it seems Eclipse cannot find them. I got the following trace in the Error Log: "The library "lib/am3ToolsAnt.jar" specified from "org.eclipse.gmt.am3.tools.ant" for the extraClasspathEntries extension does not exist."

But when I use the Ant tasks from a binaries build, it works perfectly :-) .

I don't understand why this doesn't work. Your code seems perfect to me :-\ . Maybe it is a configuration problem.

Do you have the same results from your side with a Runtime-Workbench?

Cheers,
Freddy.

--
Dennis Wagelaar