Re: [leshan-dev] Shared Redis instance

Hi,

thanks for the quick response.

> Let me ask back, why do you want to use redis at all?
> To persist some state? The DTLS session? The lwm2m data (registrations and observe-requests)?

I would indeed like to persist the lwm2m registrations and observations across application / server restarts.

> (Maybe you looking more for something as a "graceful restart".)
I've only found information about the graceful restart combined with DTLS, so I guess that's not the solution for me, or did I miss something there?

Best regards
Eva

On 24.03.22 10:18, Kraus Achim (IOB/PAD-DDA-HU) via leshan-dev wrote:
Hi Eva,

I have a question concerning the use of Redis. I have multiple Leshan servers with few clients registered on each and I'd like to use only one Redis instance for all of them.

Let me ask back, why do you want to use redis at all?
To persist some state? The DTLS session? The lwm2m data (registrations and observe-requests)?

Usually redis was used in order to share that data among several nodes of a cluster.

If there is a different requirement or useful function, I guess you should address that more directly.
(Maybe you looking more for something as a "graceful restart".)
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

  Achim Kraus

Bosch IoT Hub - Product Area IoT Platform (IOC/PAP-HU)
Bosch.IO GmbH | Postfach 30 02 40 | 70442 Stuttgart | GERMANY | www.bosch.io
Besucheradresse: Grönerstraße 5/1 | 71636 Ludwigsburg

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Stefan Koss; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Andreas Nauerz, Yvonne Reckling