[krazo-dev] Travis GitHub checks

Hi all,

back then when I set up Travis CI for our GitHub repository, I requested to mark the Travis CI checks as being required for pull requests:

image.png

Back then I thought that this would be a good idea. However, currently Travis is having some issues (again) and fails to fetch artifacts from certain Maven repositories due to SSL certificate issues.

image.png

Unfortunately this blocks us from merging pull requests which are otherwise fine.

I see a few options:
  1. Wait for the Travis team to fix these issues. We have to wait for a few CQs anyway.
  2. Temporarily configure the Travis check to be optional which would allow us to merge
  3. Permanently allow us to merge pull requests although Travis is failing. Of course, we should do this only if necessary.
Any thoughts?

Christian