Re: [jubula-rc-dev] Writing plugin extension for Jubula

Thank you very much Marvin for these pointers.

From: jubula-rc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jubula-rc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marvin Müller
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:59 PM
To: jubula-rc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [jubula-rc-dev] Writing plugin extension for Jubula

Hello Yuvraj Nigade,

if you want to add new actions to Jubula please read the Extension Manual located in the "Jubula installation/Documentation/extensionapi" directory. This will show you how to write a fragment and feature, which adds actions for components. Even if the example is for adding a new component, it is also possible to extend an already implemented component.

We have no extension-point to contribute menus or other GUI modification in Jubula - however the ITE is a normal 4.x API based RCP-application so all RCP extension points can also be used for Jubula, e.g. adding new views and so on. We ourself only have extension points for some parts of our functionality which are explicitly designed for extending Jubula. For that you can take Jubula as a target platform for your plugin. Please keep in mind - writing custom extensions agains non-API / EP mechanisms may be highly version dependent as we have no explicit API definition for most of our internal structure.

For additional information and help you might also consider to not implement these custom extensions on your own - see [1] for further information.

Best regards
Marvin Mueller

[1] http://testing.bredex.de/sponsored-development.html