Re: [jta-dev] Enhancement of the @Transactional Annotation

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 at 18:11, Christian Beikov <christian.beikov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 08.12.2022 um 19:07 schrieb Tom Jenkinson:
I suppose if it was decided by the community it wasn't OK then perhaps there could be some API that extended javax.transaction.xa.XAResource and provided by "Jakarta Transactions 3" (let's say) which resources compatible with the feature would be expected to implement and when read-only is set to true if the XAResource provided to the transaction manager was not one of these then some error could be raised and the transaction rolled back.

That sounds like a good idea. Alternatively, how about introducing a `default boolean supportsReadOnly() { return false; }` and go with that? Same for TX isolation I guess.

I still think the isolation seems more the remit of the datasource management. But if it turns out not to be then this might be a way to go.

I expect the method you proposed would still go into a new class controlled by Jakarta Transactions given javax.transaction.xa.XAResource is part of Java SE, do you agree?