Re: [jta-dev] Definition of active?

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 9:42 AM Michael Musgrove <mmusgrov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So would updating the javadoc to the following text:

```
 Throws:
    IllegalStateException - a transaction is neither active nor marked for rollback
```

be a satisfactory resolution to the ambiguity?

Yes, that would be a good start.  Then we'd need to take a look at the usage of the word "active" in the specification itself, such as in section 3.8 (arbitrarily selected) (https://jakarta.ee/specifications/transactions/2.0/jakarta-transactions-spec-2.0.html#transactionscoped-annotation) where I assume "active" is also used to actually mean "active or marked for rollback". There are probably other opportunities for clarity.

Best,
Laird

Back to the top