Re: [jsonb-dev] Verifying TCK on Application Servers

Hello Scott,

Also the previous Standalone JSONB TCK (generated from Platform TCK) did not contain any EE container testing.

Actually, that is incorrect.  Prior to PR https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsonb-api/pull/276 the JSONB Standalone TCK was using Arquillian to deploy these tests to a container which is why the change confused me.
I think that so long as everyone agrees with the assertion made by Dmitry

  • Make sure that your platform implementation passes Platform TCK
  • Make sure that JSONB implantation you use passes standalone JSONB TCK tests. If you are using Yasson, you don’t need to do anything. Yasson is going to be certified as JSONB compatible implementation.

  • Then I would welcome the change as these tests will run much faster the way they are now and lessens the burden on platforms to re-test known passing implementations.

    Thanks,
    Kyle Jon Aure

    Back to the top