[jnosql-dev] Moving to Eclipse GitHub and code quality?

Hi,

After Otavio closed all issue tickets about moving some or more repositories to Eclipse GitHub, I was wondering, what's the plan for JNoSQL? The Eclipse project was approved, even a first initial milestone release 0.0.1 declared under https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.jnosql.

What are the next steps to be done?

Btw. JNoSQL is not such a bad name I'd say, there are also Apache projects like JMeter for a very long time now. I would not try to make it more "fency". Having some parts with more "friendly" names like "Diana" or "Artemis" looks OK. Unless there are any Eclipse branding issues with those, we should be fine. Code quality and sustainability are probably more what we have to improve.

Otavio just told me someone (Spring, are its representatives supposed to join as committers, too? https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.jnosql/who) had "messed up" the API and demos. That is not good. I was hoping to demonstrate it at upcoming DemoCamps next month. If demos and the underlying API are not stable enough, that'll be hard and so will be adoption by interested developers.

Regards,
Werner

Back to the top