Re: [jms-dev] Jakarta Messaging Plan for version 3.1 (Jakarta EE 10)

Looks good to me. Thanks for making this happen!

On 5/7/2021 4:14 AM, Ondro Mihályi wrote:
I've created a plan and submitted it as a pull request to the specifications repository: https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/380.

David, please review it, and submit for ballot. Although I heard that plans that weren't submitted in time for April 15th won't make it into Jakarta EE 10, I think we should try to persuade the spec committee to accept it for EE 10 because JMS is a very important spec that has a lot of potential to modernize.

Ondro

pi 7. 5. 2021 o 1:37 Ondro Mihályi <ondrej.mihalyi@xxxxxxxxx> napísal(a):
I agree with David that we most probably won't have enough time to implement anything significant for Jakarta EE 10 and that it's best to focus on the essential changes first (fixes, repeatable annotations) and separating the TCK to the JMS repository. We can work on features listed in [1] too and if they are ready, we can add them to plan via a Progress Review later as David suggests.

I'd like to prepare a draft of the plan for JMS 3.1 soon, so that we have at least a chance to join the Jakarta EE 10 release train.

We can discuss new features either in general on the github issue [1] or start a new thread on this mailing list for each specific proposal.

Ondro

št 6. 5. 2021 o 22:48 Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> napísal(a):
So do we think we reached some kind of consensus on which way to go? Do folks that have not chimed in yet have an opinion?

Either way, I will go though the current issue tracker and triage issues this week. I don’t think that has been done in a while. If other folks can join in, that would be awesome.

Reza Rahman