Re: [jms-dev] Thoughts on JMS 3.0

Hi everyone,

I really love the ideas on David's presentation, also great work Rüdiger.

Hi all,

I just watched the presentation David gave on Jakarta Messaging 3.0 in the JakartaOne livestream, and I loved it. This is really what JMS needs and it probably just takes the right time for a revolution like this to become a reality.

Back in 2010 I was coding a lot of JMS senders and receivers, so I turned my pain with writing all that boiler plate code into what I termed MessageApi (https://github.com/t1/message-api), which was based roughly on the same ideas as JMS 3.0. I even joined the JMS EG to help promote it into a standard, but it was obviously way too early. It’s wonderful to see something similar to happen now; it seems that some ideas are just destined to become reality!

I haven’t worked with JMS for the last 5 years or so, so there was no progress from my side any more. Maybe you’ll find my old input worth taking a look at.

Kind regards,
Rüdiger