Re: [jgit-dev] Status of CLI?

I made some improvements / fixes to the jgit command line that I needed for DiffPlug.  I contributed them back in one huge messy ball, but I've never taken the time to break them up into a manageable series of tidy changes that the maintainers could reasonably be expected to review and merge.

To my knowledge, JGit is pretty close to what you want except for the auto-squash feature.  I think you're going to be unhappy with the JVM warm-up time unless you figure out how to get it to run in some kind of daemon mode.  If you're okay with a graphical client, I know that Egit and DiffPlug use JGit internally (free), and I believe that SmartGit uses it as well.

I'll do a better job submitting some of my CLI fixes as patches that the committers can accept.

Ned Twigg
Lead Software Architect, DiffPlug LLC
949-264-3433
340 S Lemon Ave #3433, Walnut, CA 91789