Re: [jgit-dev] Eclipse project dependences stopped working

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Dave Borowitz <dborowitz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Recently, every time I close and reopen the set of JGit projects in Eclipse, it stops being able to recognize any third-party dependencies.

For example, the first 3 errors in the problems tab for org.eclipse.jgit right now are:
  Bundle 'com.jcraft.jsch' cannot be resolved
  No available bundle exports package 'com.googlecode.javaewah'
  No available bundle exports package 'java.crypto'
and it goes on from there.

Reopening projects, cleaning, etc. does not work.

I am using the "Use a Target Platform" option from the EGit contributor guide.

The only way I have found to reliably get the dependencies back in order is to remove the projects from my workspace, reload the target platform from the org.eclipse.egit.target project, and readd the projects.

Shawn Pearce tells me he has been having the same problem recently, so it's not just me.

Anybody else have any ideas what the heck is going on?

- which Eclipse package / version are you using ?
- which target platform are you setting ?
- any suspicious errors or warnings in the Eclipse error log ?

When using a milestone or release candidate Mars committer package from
I sometimes faced the problem that the complete build was broken all of a sudden.
Restarting Eclipse fixed this issue. No idea why this happens. I didn't see this with Luna.

The dependencies from the selected target platform are cached in the bundle pool under
<workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.bundle_pool/

Maybe some metadata in your Eclipse workspace is corrupt, try to create a new one
and see if this fixes the problem.

-Matthias