Re: [jgit-dev] JGit 3.5.0 fails to create bare repo on Windows

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Mark Waite <mark.earl.waite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks very much for your speedy response.  Would it be worthwhile to also include a test which uses JGit to create a bare repository?  That might help detect the problem if it were to reappear.

InitCommandTest.testInitBareRepository() [1] should already test initialization of a bare repository.
AFAIK JGit committers (and our Hudson build) tend to use Linux or Mac so this may explain why we didn't notice
the problem you reported. When I am back in the office I can test if this test fails on Windows using jgit 3.5.

I verified that with jgit 3.5 InitCommandTest.testInitBareRepository() fails on Windows raising the following exception

Run org.eclipse.jgit.api.InitCommandTest
org.eclipse.jgit.api.InitCommandTest
testInitBareRepository(org.eclipse.jgit.api.InitCommandTest)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Hiding only allowed for names that start with a period
at org.eclipse.jgit.util.FS.setHidden(FS.java:599)
at org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file.FileRepository.create(FileRepository.java:277)
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.InitCommand.call(InitCommand.java:92)
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.InitCommandTest.testInitBareRepository(InitCommandTest.java:99)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)

Matthias

Back to the top