[jgit-dev] Integration of Symlinks reviews in EGit/JGit

Hi,

I would like to talk about the support of symlinks in EGit/JGit.
I pushed a review today in EGit, which is an SWTBot test that validates that the UI handles symlinks (doesn't crash or raise errors). (https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/20374/) With this review https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/19237/, that test symlinks for JGit and with the other reviews associated with symlinks (https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/q/status:open+project:jgit/jgit+branch:master+topic:symlinks,n,z), it is, in my opinion, enough to integrate symlinks reviews in EGit/JGit. I'm aware that symlinks reviews contain API breaks, so it is not integrable in 3.3 branch and it will be in 4.0 branch at least. The time between the EGit/JGit 3.3 release and the Luna API freeze will be very short. So, would it be possible to create the 4.0 branch as early as possible, in order to integrate the symlinks reviews and allows to everybody to test it before the Luna API freeze ?

Thanks you in advance,

Axel.

--
Axel RICHARD

begin:vcard
fn:Axel RICHARD
n:RICHARD;Axel
org:Obeo
adr;quoted-printable:BP 20773 - ESPACE PERFORMANCE LA FLEURIAYE;;7, boulevard Amp=C3=A8re;CARQUEFOU;;44481;FRANCE
email;internet:axel.richard@xxxxxxx
title:Consultant
tel;work:02.51.13.82.14
url:http://www.obeo.fr