Re: [jgit-dev] Buck based build system for JGit?

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 4:45 AM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Its official, I have lost motivation to work on JGit because working
>> on JGit means using Maven. I don't want to use Maven.
>>
>> Is there interest in having a parallel build system using Buck? I
>> realize we cannot eliminate Maven as easily in JGit because we need to
>> create P2 bundles, and Tycho helps out a lot there.
>
> First draft at the Buck build is here:
>
>   https://git.eclipse.org/r/17955
>
> I am about to get on a long flight and will continue working on it in
> the air. Look for at least one more draft in the next few days. :-)

After a long flight, I think the first version of Buck support is
ready. The final commit in the series is:

  https://git.eclipse.org/r/17995

Please fetch and test. Build produces JARs, JUnit tests run and pass,
and an Eclipse uber-project can be generated.

Back to the top