Re: [jgit-dev] Buck based build system for JGit?

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Sascha Vogt <FunkyFish@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, there might be a few devs out there working on Windows...

Buck partially works on Windows, and FaceBook is continuing to improve
support there. Since I don't have a Windows system anywhere I can't
test this myself. The tricky part is making sure genrules are
portable. They mostly aren't, the Gerrit genrules are really not
portable. We haven't even tried.

Notice I didn't propose killing Maven, Maven for all its shortcomings
does work on Windows, and does have Tycho to support P2. Two important
facets for JGit that Buck does not do, or does not do as well.