Re: [jgit-dev] [egit-dev] Fwd: [technology-pmc] FYI: Policy on new releases joining SR

> Due to this new policy I wasn't aware of until this week we cannot
> ship JGit and EGit 3.1 with Kepler SR1 since RC1 already passed.

That's unfortunate. What are our plans for SR2? Ship 3.2, 3.1 or
another 3.0.x?

> Hence I propose we ship a pure maintenance release 3.0.x with SR1
> and ship 3.1 independently of the release train through our own
> p2 repository.

Sounds good.

> Speak up if you have a different proposal.
>
> Any changes which should go with the maintenance release for SR1
> need to be pushed for branch stable-3.0. If there are new patches
> on this branch I will simply create 3.0.x maintenance releases for
> the RCs for SR1, find the SR1 schedule here [1]. Last build for SR1
> is on Sept 18 (we are in +3 slot of the schedule).
>
> Let me know if there are any important patches which already reached
> master which you want also on 3.0.x.

I think the following commits should be on stable-3.0, ordered in
cherry-pick order:

JGit:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/jgit/jgit.git/commit/?id=98dd6e6abdba75d05f03b5b073659efe53182dc6
https://git.eclipse.org/c/jgit/jgit.git/commit/?id=4b1f368033a6978e3cadd68f840586ab9bc4c538

EGit:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=862e6ff22ad56c10df6de3385ffa4c7d02363d1d
https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=d09bab183cb4f497b3bdbd5d651a3b655ff2ea23
https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=eb5c41459d5d185871b5253610255e6f1242c9ad
https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=61f74a5e184c4851fb10bc1efabaf363f55d9f12
https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=cb94e50dcd5f8f473938a82ba47f43f2a3e487f2
https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=da70c4047ea0fd7cdd42a7af800d3876bf8f60da
https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=c65156b5205beb3179abcc11ae47c4110e36ad5f
https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=5a60d9ee49f8ae4a63a6b9f5243f596d0d96a4ba
https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=94fb639496f53183ebda495a01b61d663f453de8
https://git.eclipse.org/c/egit/egit.git/commit/?id=26859b5fccffb76dfa49cbdca281748c5df8fc0f

Should I cherry-pick and push to Gerrit or do you want to push them
without going through Gerrit?

We should probably also update the bug reports of the above to set
the target milestone to 3.0.1/3.0.2 - could you add that in Bugzilla?
Either I don't have the permission to do this or I don't know where
this can be configured.

Regards,
  Nibor

> I plan to release 3.1 shortly after Kepler SR1 (around end of
> September)
> in order to avoid overloading on my end ;-)
> This will also help to avoid that we need multiple release build
> jobs in parallel.
>
> [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Kepler/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#SR1
>
> --
> Matthias