Re: [jgit-dev] git-fast-import

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Christian Trutz
<christian.trutz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to implement a subset of functions of the git-fast-import command [1]
> for JGit and have some questions:
>
> 1) is it allowed (from IP point of view) to use JavaCC to generate a parser
> for the git-fast-import data stream? JavaCC generates java classes and has
> no need of runtime jars.

Seems like this would be OK. Even if the compiler authors claimed
copyright on the output, the compiler is BSD. However Eclipse does
have ANTLR 3.0 in Orbit if you wanted to use ANTLR 3 instead of
JavaCC.

FWIW I wrote git fast-import. Its grammar is simple enough that you
don't need a compiler compiler to handle the stream format.

> 2) is anyone else interested in a git-fast-import implementation for JGit?

Its been asked for several times on jgit-dev, so there may be some interest.

Back to the top