Re: [jgit-dev] Discouraged access warnings since storage implementations were moved to internal packages

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Robin Rosenberg
<robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It's not that bad actually. EGit doesn't use that many internal JGit
>> APIs,
>> it just uses the sama API in many places, ie.
>> org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file
>>
> Here's the count:
>
>   39 org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file.FileRepository;
> How else can we access a standard repo?

Applications should try to use Repository, making them more flexible
about different implementations. Use FileRepositoryBuilder to make a
FileRepository if you have one on local filesystem.

I proposed https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/11325 to simplify using this builder
for the most common use case

--
Matthias