Re: [jgit-dev] Error while trying to accept contributor license on Gerrit

2012/8/5 Jevgeni Zelenkov <jevgeni.zelenkov@xxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Jevgeni Zelenkov
> <jevgeni.zelenkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I couldn't accept a license agreement on the Gerrit code website:
>> https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/settings/new-agreement
>>
>> I received a "PAGE NOT FOUND" exception.
>>
>> Contributor guide says it has to be accepted:
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#User_Account
>
> Looks like this section is out of date. I don't think the Eclipse
> Gerrit server uses the contributor agreement feature, which is why
> this URL returns page not found.

OK.

Thanks for reporting this inconsistency.

We used the contributor agreement feature during the phase when we
ran our own Gerrit server until we migrated the jgit and egit repositories
to the foundation's Gerrit server. I fixed the contributor guide accordingly.

>> I also had to add this as a comment for my patch:
>> 1. I have authored 100% of the content I'm contributing
>> 2. I have the rights to donate the content to Eclipse
>> 3. I contribute the content under the EDL
>
> I think you can just upload your patch and then add this comment to it.

That's exactly what I did.

The whole process of patch submission was a little confusing, mostly
because of outdated/multiple docs. I just wanted to communicate that.

Thanks for your reply.