Re: [jgit-dev] [GSoC] Designing a faster index format - Progress report week 13

A note on how JGit would work here. Java has none of the fields
that constitute statcrc. I guess we would write zero here when
creating new entries. Git could recognize that when checking status and simply assume "clean" unless mtime or st_size says otherwise.

For existing entries JGit could either keep the old value (which is
probably a lie since) or zero it.

A modification to the spec would be that 0 == not set.

-- robin

Back to the top