Re: [jgit-dev] jgit and huge files

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 02:46, Marc Strapetz <marc.strapetz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of our users currently gets an NegativeArraySizeException when
> working with jgit and a repository with files >2.2G. Should we
> investigate this particular problem or is it a known limitation of jgit?

This is a bug. JGit should handle any size file without error.

It may handle delta compressed files that are above the
core.streamFileThreshold limit too slowly be useful. But it will...
eventually... one decade or two from now... produce the data.

If the file isn't delta compressed, JGit should handle it correctly
with no errors, and little performance issues (as its really just
inflating and streaming the data).

Back to the top