Re: [jgit-dev] creating a new branch fails with LOCK_FAILURE

>>> u.setExpectedOldObjectId(ObjectId.zeroId());

>I.e do not call setExpectedOldObjectId() at all to create the
>branch regardless of whether it is new or not.

For my previous question on how to create an orphan branch I had tried
that approach:
u.setExpectedOldObjectId(ObjectId.zeroId());
That seemed logical to me, but it didn't work.

I'm still wondering if there is a way to create an orphan branch with
the JGit API... that would be very useful.

-J

Back to the top