Re: [jgit-dev] release 1.2 ahead

Chris Aniszczyk skrev 2011-11-29 17.40:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:32 AM, Matthias Sohn
> <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Release JGit / EGit 1.2 is coming closer, we agreed with
>> Wayne to have the release review on Dec 21. This means
>> we need an approved IP log and release documentation
>> until Dec 14.
>> So I will fork stable-1.2 soon (Wednesday or Thursday)
>> and then submit the IP logs for review. Contributor patches
>> which should reach 1.2 should be ideally submitted before
>> I submit the IP logs so that these don't get invalidated.
>
> Before we release 1.2, does anyone have stuff they want in 1.2?
>
>  From my point of view, I would like to see Kevin's git-submodule work included:
>     - http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,4279

Here are a few that are mostly ready (or not). The should be reviewed
and accepted or rejected.

Enforce the use of Java5 API:s only (with a few exceptions)
	We would avoid some accidental Java6 API uses with this.

	http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,4365
	http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,4364

Allow deletion of linked resource
	Minor issue, but the solution is simple enough. There
	are lots of other issues wit linked resources that
	other people have tried to address, but these are
	not covered here.

	http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,4396

Allow the user to select the Git prefix
	Needed for autocrl
	http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,4430

RFC Support more of AutoCRLF
	This one has a lot of people on the Cc: lists in
	bugzilla, but little interest in testing the code.
	This patch converts LF to CRLF on checkout.

	http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,4530

The following ones are work-in-progress:

Add percent-encoding of reserved characters in URIish
	This is mostly cosmetic
	http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,4550

Validate paths during DirCacheCheckout
	Security issue: A tree entry should be
	a name that cannot "escape", like "..". Simply
	refuse to check out if a malicious path entry
	exists.

	http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,4617

-- robin

Back to the top