[jgit-dev] Detecting conflict before merging

Dear List,

I wrote a method that finds the conflicts between two repositories. It works like this:
* it fetches the contents from the second repo to the first
* merges the HEAD with FETCH_HEAD with an incore ResolveMErger and checks if there were conflicts

The problem is, that when acutally merging I use rebase and there are situations when rebase and merge detects conflicts differently. For example if the fetched branch has commitsh with two parents rebase fails but merge doesn't. For this reason I'd like to use rebase for detecting conflicts, too. However, I didn't find any classes that can hep me. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ákos Tajti

Back to the top