[jgit-dev] predicting the conflict without actually merging

Hi!

I want to implement a method that can find out the if there are any conflicts before actually merging a remote to a repository. My first idea was to fetch the remote and run git merge --no-commit --no-ff. If there were conflicts, MERGE_HEAD will be dropped. I thibk JGit supports all off this. However I'd like to ask you if you'be ever implemented such behaviour and know abou some best practices in jgit.

Thanks in advance,
Ákos Tajti

Back to the top